Monday, December 03, 2007

DURA-FLAME NATION


I generally make fires whenever I travel to vermont. I have been known to start an occasional campfire or bon fire, and as a kid, I was a bit of a pyro-maniac.

Duraflames are artificail firelogs. They are made of Sawdust and Petrolium wax (a byproduct of Oil) Since researching the company, I have found out that they are going "Green" and will soon be using only natural waxes, from plants such as soy. Gosh, they can use soy for everything! I think this is a great move for the company. Not only will this save 100 million pounds of petrolium wax per year, but it also helps their business. By making duraflames "environmentally safe" they are now able to compete in such retailers as Trader Joes and Whole Foods. They will also be promoted in places like Wal-Mart and Home Depot that are launching programs for environmentally safe products.

This past weekend I used plenty of them in Vermont. Another great trip full of cold snow and warm fires.

At one point during the trip the humidifier BLEW UP! litterally, It was kinda freaky.

We made Pizza.

And Gabi beat me in Candlestick Bowling.


-This is a picture I took of the Verrazao Bridge that thursday night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home