Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birth of Venus



This is a painting by Alessandro di Mariano Filipepi. You may know him better as "Botticelli" Botticelli was actually his nickname, given to him by his older brother. The word Botticelli means "little barrel" haha

This is one of the most striking pieces in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence "Wash Uffizi and drive me to Firenze?" ; )

So many times in life you get to a museum and your favorite piece of art is so much smaller than you expected. Its kind of disappointing. Well, this is not one of those instances. The painting is huge, and extremely satisfying to see in person. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to go back and visit Firenze.

I am actually headed to Italy within the week. I am not going to Florence, but rather Rome and Capri. I will try my best to keep up with the blog. Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home